Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Great Green Bean Caper

Place: Work
Time: Noon

The phone rings, I answer.....
"Ms. OBH?"
"Yes"
"This is GWLH's teacher - I have some really bad news."

**heart jumps into throat**

"Oh my God, what happened?"

"I just picked up the class from the cafeteria and it turns out that GWLH was shooting green beans through his straw across the table."

**heart goes back down**
**subdued laughter insues**
**snicker**

"I see"

"Can you talk to him please?"

now at this point I want to give him a high five and laugh with him, and tell him "that shooting stuff through straws can be fun - just.not.at.school.!

Instead I do the "right" thing. The teacher thanks me and we hang up.

When I pick up the little green bean shooter from school, he is quiet and a little shaken.

"Sorry Mom"

**Snicker**
"We'll talk when we get home"

OBH has been pre-informed and is ready for us when we get home with straws and plenty of pre-rolled spit balls. A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll wore goggles right?? ;)

Too funny!