Monday, June 2, 2008

Why Shooting a bird?


Welcome to my little world. "Shooting a bird" does not in any way reference actually shooting a bird. Let me explain where this comes from. My son, the cartoon freak, started kindergarten last fall. We live less than a mile away from the school, so our conversations on the ride home are usually short. I picked him up one day and casually asked him how his day was. He looked at me and gave me the finger with a big old smile on his face.

"This is bad, right?"

"Umm yeah, honey" (chuckle chuckle snort snort) "That is bad."

"I know", he said, "It's called shooting a bird."

And there you have it. I have never forgotten that day, and probably never will. He and the oilybeauhunk and our insane animals give me much comic fodder for my life. There will be many posts about my son, but this is in no way a mommy blog, as I tend to swear alot and my brain does not possess that filter thing that prevents stuff from coming out of my mouth before I evaluate what I am about to say. Also, there is an awful lot of farting and burping around here, not to mention I tend to be pretty accident prone - with excellent results. Hopefully it will make for some good reading! I don't mind sharing if you don't mind the insanity and vulgar language.

Kaila

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"brain does not possess that filter thing that prevents stuff from coming out of my mouth before I evaluate what I am about to say"

Dude!!!! I gots the same thing...I am trying to get the AMA to identify it as a disease.