Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Drunk Dialing - Infommercial Style

What makes a person purchase something they don't need? I understand impulse buys in a store. I understand the impulse buy when grocery shopping whilst hungry. But this? This is just absurd.



Drunk e-mailing - done it.

Drunk myspace - done it.

Drunk commenting on blogs - guilty

Drunk dialing - totally did it.



Now I can add a new one to the list. Drunk Infommercial ordering.



Shit I am lame.



In the last two weeks I have recieved the following two items, God help me if anything else shows up.....



The UPS guys, the FedEx guys, the Culligan guys and the mail people don't come to my door because they are afraid of our dogs. My neighbor across the street always gets our packages. To my dismay, she called me 10 days ago laughing.



"I've got your SHAMWOW! package."

"Jesus Christ", I say



Fucking SHAMWOW! These things are C-R-A-P. What was I thinking? Not to mention that dude on the infommercial is annoying as all hell.



Last week she calls me again - really laughing this time.



"I've got your Aqua Globes."

"Oh, shit, I'll meet you outside."



People? - fucking Aqua Globes. These things are for watering your houseplants. NEWSFLASH!!! I do not have a single houseplant. Not one. Zero. Zilch.



What in the world possessed me to order these gawdy pieces of blown glass? Oh that's right, Coors Light.



I guess I know who's getting some lame-ass Christmas Gifts this year. Sorry family & friends, but the beer made me do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I've seen both on TV. And you're right, those people are annoying...lol.

BTW, my daughter got the curls from my dad and the red hair from my husband. You can't tell in the pic, she has red hair. My son has strawberry blonde.

I completely forgot about Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. Awesome movies. I've watched them a zillion times!

for a different kind of girl said...

Every time I see the commercial for the Shamwow! I am freaked out by that creepy pitchman. He looks like he's busting that commercial from the rec room at a prison!

But geez, I've wanted on! Now that I know they're crap, that desire has been thwarted. For that, I thank you!

Momo Fali said...

Classic! I love it! Just don't send me either of them.