Monday, March 16, 2009

Meandering Monday

To the other Mommy readers - Do you ever have one of those days, moments, hours, whatever, where your kid drives you absolutely b*o*n*k*e*r*s? I know the answer is yes, I just want to share my most recent one.

We were on our way to IHOP for breakfast. A once a in blue moon event. From the backseat there is a little voice.

"Mom? Why do love bugs stick their butts together?"

"And Mom? When do the love bugs show up?"

"And Mom? Can beetles poop?"

"And Mom? My friend says beetles eat their own poop."

"Mom? When do caterpillars come out?"

"I like caterpillars."

"And Mom?" Why do snails pee?"

"Mom? What is that yellow thingy?"

I kid you not people, all of these questions in a period of 10 minutes. CRAZY 7 year old boy minds.....

*************************************************************************************

At IHOP, a family was seated in the booth behind us. I overheard part of their order, and it went a little something like this:

man - "I'll have the (insert whatever omelet comes with salsa inside and on top) but I don't want any tomatoes."

waitress - "So, no salsa then?"

man - "No, I want the salsa, just no tomatoes."

me (and most likely the waitress) - "?"

Whatever peeps - Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Miss Yvonne said...

Yes, and I'd also like no eggs in my omlette. And I'd like a glass of orange juice, but can you make it less orangy?

I bet he left a crappy tip too.

Momo Fali said...

I used to tell my husband that our daughter would make an excellent torture device for the FBI. Her incessant talking would likely drive criminals so crazy, they'd confess within a day.

Anonymous said...

I think that being a mummy is just one long exam on obscure general knowledge which your children are invigilators of.

As for the salsa man - some people are frighteningly ignorant. I wonder what he answers when his children as him if beetles poop.

for a different kind of girl said...

That sounds like every trip I take in the van with my youngest! If it's just the two of us, that little dude will chatter nonstop about the first thing that pops into his head. Last night, we had a very long debate on which animals were hot-blooded versus which were cold-blooded. Apparently, he has proof that he can show me that saber-tooth tigers are cold-blooded.

Sometimes, as much as I love the moments, I tell him that I need a 2 minute not talk break!

forcryeye said...

I'll have a bacardi and diet, no diet...oh, that would be a shot...ok...that one works! Also, I have NO IDEA what you mean about the kid thing...ha ha.